History of the Stone Mill Inn
The Stone Mill Inn was once the Lybster Mill. Located across the street from the Old Merriton Cotton Mill, the Lybster Mill was a cotton manufacturer. Built in 1860, it was one of the pioneering cotton mills in the dominion of Canada. The vacant lot in front was previously occupied by industrial buildings, and the Lybster Mill stands representative of the architectural style and how it may have played into how the mill was run.
Wanting to ensure that a piece of Niagara history would remain, the Stone Mill Inn restores its natural beauty and is true to its time period.